Welcome to our review of the Comfier Shiatsu Back Massage Cushion.
Let’s face it. Getting a good massage is tricky. You can…
- Go to a massage therapist and spend $75 plus for an hour of massage
- Buy a big bulky massage chair that requires assembly and costs an arm and a leg
Or… you can buy a massage cushion that is just as good as a masseuse or a massage chair and put it virtually anywhere. Yes. I like this option a lot better!
Our data indicate that massage cushions have a significantly higher rating on Amazon…
That’s why we’re reviewing one of Amazon’s most revered and highly rated massage cushions: Comfier Shiatsu Back Massage Seat Cushion.
Read our full review to get the entire scoop on this product!
Table of Contents
3 reasons why you should buy Comfier Massage Cushion
- It gives an effective massage. Customers’ first question about these cushions is: do they work? They work well because the manufacturers designed them, knowing this issue. The massage balls protrude through the mesh and thus provide a deep kneading massage.
- Chronically ill customers endorse it. It’s not often that customers who suffer from back and shoulder pains stand behind a massage cushion. Well, this one is backed by a lot of customers experiencing body pain from numerous backgrounds.
- It’s customizable and works for taller people. There’s no microcomputer inside this cushion but it has a good amount of adjustability options available. Also, focusing on one specific area is possible via the remote.
Review of the Comfier Shiatsu Back Massage Cushion – Benefits and Features
One of the first things you notice about this massage cushion is that it’s sleek, has a thin profile, and has a color scheme that goes well with any type of furniture. The backrest measures 25 inches in height; the base measures 17 inches wide and 13.8 inches deep.
It’s got a detachable intensity control flap. This is great for those with sensitive backs who find the massage way too strong.
We’ve seen very few companies provide this kind of thought into the design of their massage products. Many customers will typically use a towel to dampen the power.
The seat has non-slip rubber bottoms that provide friction between it and the surface so that you don’t find yourself sliding down with the cushion. And you don’t have to exert effort to keep the chair upright. There are 3 adjustable intensity levels on the seat so you can enjoy a mild massage of hips and thighs.
4 heated massage nodes rotate and can move up and down. The nodes protrude out of the seat, meaning they will provide deep tissue massage. Two adjustable intensity levels provide options for deep-tissue massage.
It’s also cool that you can see the rotating nodes when it is turned on. Many massage chairs do not have this level of transparency.
The remote control allows the user to focus on the full-back, upper back, and lower back, and use Spot massage to concentrate on a particular area of the back. It also comes with two intensity options.
The heating functions come from the shiatsu balls themselves. It’s a great feeling and works well to soften muscles before getting massaged providing relief from soreness and tension.
It is portable, so use it on your recliner, office chair, or sofa. Take it on holidays or wherever you go. So versatile!
Comfier Shiatsu Back Massage Cushion – Conclusion
The vibration massage has 3 intensity options and works well in conjunction with the heat and the shiatsu massage. The vibration will mostly occur in the hip and thigh areas.
The remote control has only a dozen buttons and is very intuitive, so you know exactly what each button does.
The “Demo” button gives you the ability to test the cushion quickly without needing to look at the manual. One improvement with the button is that it’s not wireless.
There are a ton of positive reviews from people with chronic back pain. It’s a testament to how strong and effective the massage on this cushion is.
If the Comfier Shiatsu Back Massage Cushion isn’t quite right for you? Check out our Zyllion Massage Cushion review too!