Welcome to our review of the Kahuna Hubot HM-078 Massage Chair!
We’ll go through the features, pros and cons of this massage chair a bit further down the article, but first, let’s discuss a bit more about this luxurious massage chair.
Kahuna Hubot – Introduction
I’ve been drooling for the last week over this massage chair.
The name is quite a mouthful but wait until we dive into the features.
The Hubot is one of Kahuna’s high end chairs. If you want to associate yourself with luxury, this chair is the one to buy.
It’s got a beautiful glossy finish and breaks records in feature categories like total number of air bags.
3 Reasons Why You Should Buy The Kahuna Hubot HM-078
Kahuna is a reputable brand
It’s not an off-brand Chinese company that is trying to make a quick buck.
Kahuna has US customer service who are knowledgeable about their products.
Polished features and excellent craftsmanship
The Hubot goes the extra mile to make sure their features are the best. And they are.
As an example, the Hyper SL-track is an extended and extra curvy track that much better follow the curvature of the spine than it’s competitors.
Excellent warranty and customer service
It comes with 3 years full parts and labor warranty and an option to purchase an extended warranty.
The customer service representative is always delightful and insightful.
They are willing to work with you to find the perfect product.
Rollers And Track
The brains of any massage chair is the mechanical construct of the rollers.
The Hubot features what’s called KMS-08M-225L.
I know, it’s a lot of numbers and letters and it confused us too.
What’s important to know is that it’s 3D(can extend out from the massage chair), it has double-sized 2 inch diameter elastic balls (that protrude to the muscles in your body), and can run up to 1 hour time.
Also, the track is HSL-track, which stands for hyper SL-track.
The hyper means the track has more curvature than a regular SL-track.
15 auto programs
There are 15 auto programs in this chair.
It’s quite a lot and each program is unique.
Here are some of our favorites:
- Renew – Mild massage from neck to glutes using knead, tap, and roll techniques
- Kahuna stretching – The most popular program. Strong glute massage and stretching of the thighs. Airbags grip individual in place while the chair moves.
- Kahuna Chiro – Transitions from knocking and tapping to rolling and kneading. Movement based on Chiropractic movements. Focused on the muscles near the spine.
- Rocking – Chair goes into rocking motion while engaging in a soft full body massage including light air bag usage. This program will make you feel sleepy.
- Deep Tissue Massage – Intense full body massage that will use the elastic balls and the furthest protrusion of the 3d rollers to get deep within the muscles. Kneading a knocking on the body with strong acupuncture air compression massage.
- Fast Recovery – A light massage that is usually followed by an intense workout. The rhythm of the air cells are slow and help with blood circulation and increasing oxygenated blood cells.
Zero Gravity and Space Saving Technology
Like many other chairs on the market, the Hubot has the zero gravity feature.
In this mode, your body is evenly distributed across your body, relieving stress from areas of your body that normally carry more weight (noticeably the spine).
Space technology gives customers more space because the chair only requires 5 inches from the wall to operate.
This especially great for those who hoard or simply live in close quarters, maybe in urban areas.
Air Cell Technology
Many massage chairs have air bags but how many of them can beat to a rhythm? The Hubot can.
This rhythmic feature of the air cells is part of Kahuna’s new engineer theory that because we are rhythmic creatures, we benefit from rhythmic-based therapy.
Also, it is the massage chair with the most air bags we’ve ever seen. 107 air bags.
You can toggle airbags on / off in certain areas and choose between 5 intensity levels.
Head Temple Massage
They say that stress is intense especially above the shoulder.
Kahuna recognizes this and the Hubot comes with a Head Temple Massage.
It’s the only one we’ve seen.
The head is one of my favorite places to get a massage.
This chair does it surprisingly effective compare to a therapist’s hands.
The foot rollers are made up of 3 rows of double rollers.
The markings on the rollers are especially designed to target acupuncture points.
When the air bags inflate, they do a good job of apply pressure to your foot down to the rollers.
This is crucial functionality or else it will just ticket your feet.
It’s a bummer that they don’t have infrared heated rollers, but they do have full body heating.
The whole back and the calves have heating pads that do a fantastic job of loosening up those muscles right as the rollers are penetrating your muscles.
Kahuna Hubot Pros
- Deep tissue massage from 2 inch elastic rollers on an extended HSL track
- Space saving technology with actual zero gravity feature
- A lot of customization: speed, strength, position, pressure, etc…
- Stretching programs
Kahuna Hubot Cons
- Doesn’t have infrared rollers
- Track length is average
Kahuna Hubot Review – Conclusion
Best Kahuna Massage Chairs
Kahuna SM 7300 Massage Chair Review
Kahuna LM 6800 Massage Chair Review
About The Author: Hey! I’m Kenta, the editor in chief here at Massagelyfe. We know that massage chairs can be a big investment, so my team and I devote our time to thoroughly researching every single product we write about. We hope you find our reviews helpful and informative.