Advanced massage technology can be a bit too much for some folks…
There’s so much complexity to it: zero gravity, computerized body scan, 4d rollers. It’s a lot to understand and all you want to do is sit down on a chair, push a button or two, and relax after a hard day at work.
Massage recliners relieve that headache of time-consuming assembly and technical set-up by offering a very simple solution. It’s a chair that has an ottoman and a simple massage function controlled by a remote with several buttons. No fancy schmancy L-track roller system to deal with or air tubes to connect. It’s a perfect massage chair for the elderly.
Today, I’m going to review the massage recliner by Best Choice Product. It’s a massaging leather recliner and ottoman that is super comfortable and has swiveling capabilities. But there are several cons to this chair so make sure to read my full review!
Reasons real customers bought this recliner by Best Choice Product
- Easy Assembly. It took us 10 minutes to assemble this chair. Although the instructions are hard to read, there are several bolts and nuts for the base of chair and handful bolts and metal stem for the ottoman.
- Soothing vibration massage. This chair is NOT one to toss you back and forth with deep penetrating 4d rollers. It’s a recliner with an ottoman that has light vibration massage. It’s not meant to help you recover from an athletic injury.
- Comfortable. Really the main ingredient to this chair is that it’s comfortable enough to sit in for hours. It’s a little bit higher quality than cheap fabric and definitely comfortable to enough to sleep on.
Things You Should Know Before Buying
- It smells of strong odor the first few days. We recommend placing this chair and its component in the garage or somewhere where there is a lot of air circulation. It will go away after a week or so but if you want to expedite the issue, you can use Febreze or a bottle of vinegar.
- Moderate massage. This isn’t a full blown massage chair like the Kahuna SM 7300. It won’t wrangle your body nor give you a deep tissue massage. It’s meant to provide a light vibration massage that feels soothing.
Features And Benefits
The first thing you notice about this chair is the smooth black PU leather. It’s easy to clean because inevitably you will spill something on this chair, especially if you enjoy it. It’s also made out of durable steel frame so you know it will last for a while. I also like that it has an executive design. It’s not too loungy looking.
The backrest pads are double layered and it feels extra cushiony.
The remote is simply and has a few functions. At the top there is an LED display that shows the time remaining for the massage. Also you can target individually target leg, thigh, lumbar, or back massage and theres a graphical display indicating the current location.
There are 9 automatic programs and 5 intensities to choose from. Having reviewed a ton of massage chairs, I can assure you this amount is plentiful. For instance, OOTORI chairs have an average number of 8 programs.
Without much forethought, you know that this chair can swivel. The swivel function is smooth (no squeaks and no abrupt stops). This helps for those who want a little more mobility than hunky massage chairs. The swivel isn’t super sensitive either so you won’t need to anchor yourself from not spinning (we had this worry as well!).
The massage on this chair is not deep nor strong. You can expect a decent level of vibration that will focused on the back.
You can also operate the heat and vibration separately, which is a nice feature for those who want one on but not the other.
Chairs manufactured in China tend to run on the smaller side. However, testing this with a 6 foot 5 inch male, we can safely say that this will fit taller people comfortably.
This massage chair does not knead or use any other techniques except vibration and heat. Be aware of that.
All in all this is a good massage chair recliner with ottoman to purchase if you’re looking for something affordable and one that gives a light massage.
About The Author: Hey! I’m Kenta, the editor in chief here at Massagelyfe. We know that massage chairs can be a big investment, so my team and I devote our time to thoroughly researching every single product we write about. We hope you find our reviews helpful and informative.