Welcome to this Relaxonchair MK-II Plus Review Article. Relaxonchair is one of the highest quality off-brands on the market.
They are one of the few brands that operate in the US. They’ve operated in California from the very start of their company.
They are also one of the few companies that directly ship and manufacturer from their own factory, passing the savings onto the customers.
They are especially known for their bigger and taller audience. It is one of the few brands that will accommodate customers taller than 6 feet 5 inches and heavier than 350 lbs.
We had a chance to speak to Relaxonchair. They are definitely about saving cost while retaining high quality features.
Today we’ll review one of their popular models: The MK-II Plus.
Relaxonchair MK-II Plus Summary
MK-II Plus has all the features of a modern luxury massage chair without the expensive price tag. It’s got 3 stage zero gravity, computerized body scan, air compression technology, lower lumbar heating, and more.
This chair is reliable, can fit taller and bigger people, flexible in programability, and has excellent seat wearability.
Because of its cheaper price, you can save a ton of money compared to getting a massage by a masseuse. The average price of a massage is around $100 / hour. For a 100 hours, that’s $10,000! You can get this massage for a 5th of that cost and get much more mileage out of it.
We especially liked the 3 stage zero gravity on this chair. Why? I’m getting older and my body is putting a lot of pressure on my spine. I’ve been working out so my upper body is quite a heavy load ;). In zero gravity mode, the chair elevates your legs above the level of your heart, giving your spine a break.
We do recommend getting their white glove delivery. You wouldn’t want to break your back or assemble your chair incorrectly(although there isn’t too much to do).
Relaxonchair Specifications – Numbers you want to know
- 4 Preprogrammed Massage modes
- 5-Unique Massage Techniques – Rolling, Tapping, Kneading, Combined Kneading & Tapping, Shiatsu
- 3-stage automatic zero gravity
- 3-levels of Speed Control and Airbag Intensity Control
- Heat Therapy at the lower back
- Computerized Body Scan
- 30 minutes max duration
- 65 x 30 x 40 inches (l x w x h)
- Rated to accommodate 6’2″ Tall and up to 280 lbs
- 2-color variations – Charcoal and Chocolate
- 3-year warranty
Relaxonchair MK-II Plus Pros and Cons
- Best value for money
- Single-handed remote control
- Great reputation among customers, more than 90% recommend it
- Includes L-track massage system, computerized body scan, heat therapy, zero-gravity positioning, and multiple Airbags that premiumly-priced chairs offer
- Foor rollers not suitable for sensitive feet
- Not fully illuminated remote control which presents navigation problem in low-light
- Makes sound while in operation
- Not a space-savers as it requires 11.8 inches of free space from wall to its frontside and 19.5 inches to the backside
Relaxonchair MK-II Plus Feature Review
Features are one of those only things that make it or break it. Let’s have a detailed look at what it has to offer:
Three Stage Zero Gravity
Zero-Gravity? What does that mean? You can’t zero Earth’s gravity!
Then why they say zero gravity?
It may sound confusing at first but it’s very simple to understand. You are constantly been attracted downward by gravity 24 hours a day and that means, during all that time your spine is under stress and also your heart has to struggle to pump blood.
Zero gravity feature is there to relieve this stress and to ease blood circulation. In zero-gravity position, your legs are lifted above your heart slightly. 3rd stage puts you in a nearly flat 180 degrees position which releases the strain on spine and pressure on body. It also allows a more comforting massage on your back. Your heart also works less and blood circulation improves resulting in ultimate-relaxation.
Now you know that zeroing gravity doesn’t actually zero Earth-Gravity by some super scientific method but puts you in a position that Zeroes the negative effects of gravity on your body.
Smart Computerized Body Scan
So what benefit does an electronic body scanner would impart to MK-II Plus, interesting huh?
Scanner is basically a device used to identify something in order to perform further operation. Same is the case here, a computerized scanning system identifies targetted locations as specified by the user for massage. Secondly, it also measures the length of your spine to give you a more enhanced therapeutic experience.
Without scanning system, you can just desire for those massaging-rollers to touch your desired spot.
Buttock L-Tracking System
You know it relieves stress when you are pressed at hurting-point, but it doesn’t feel really good if pressure is applied for too long at that particular point.
That was the problem with those fixed-point massage chairs. Rather than relieving pain and stress, you could have long-term bad effects.
Buttock L-tracking technology has emerged to solve this problem. Here, the rollers glide all the way down under the seat from the neck and shoulder area to provide a smooth and seamless massage.
It is specially designed to provide you a continuous wave of relief right from the upper-back to your buttocks covering all the points in between.
Air Bag System
Yes, MK-II Plus is fully loaded with airbags.
Airbags inflate and deflate according to the user command and are programmed to do so either simultaneously or individually. There are 3 intensity levels depending on the pressure in airbags that provide a human-like feel of massage.
These airbags are smartly placed across the chair to support feet, calves, hips, shoulders, and arms. Airbag massage aids in blood circulation through these body-parts to speed-up the healing process of exhausted muscles.
Definitely, airbags technology falls in the must-have category.
MK-II Plus has 4 automatic preprogrammed modes that have been prepared, keeping in mind the paramount purpose of massage and it’s your comfort.
These 4 intelligent programs are Deep Massage, Comfort, Recovery, and Decompression. Each of these 4 programs run for a 30 minutes session. Let’s see what these programs are about:
- (Auto I) DEEP MASSAGE – Air pressure is applied to acupressure points and alternation is carried out between all 5 manual massage modes (Rolling, Tapping, Kneading, Dual or Combined Kneading & Tapping, Shiatsu) to provide deep full-body massage.
- (Auto II) COMFORT – Fixed point massage is achieved by applying air pressure on all positions, alternating between all 5 manual massage modes and varying the motion of each mode.
- (Auto III) RECOVERY – Provides energy boost and helps in blood circulation by alternating between all 5 manual massage modes and reclining then inclining the Backrest and leg/foot-rest back and forth at the same time.
- (Auto IV) DECOMPRESSION – Your whole body is decompressed to release strain by enabling all 5 manual massage modes while reclining the backrest to its maximum position and lowering leg/foot-rest simultaneously to give your legs and back muscles a stretch.
RELAXONCHAIR offers a 3-year warranty for MK-II Plus and it breaks down as follow:
- During 1st year, all parts and labor including transportation to and from authorized repair center (if on-site maintenance is not available) are covered.
- For 2nd year, only the defective components or parts are covered.
- 3rd year covers only the main structural body.
You can avail additional/extended warranties at some extra cost.
While it’s cool to have a warranty, but keep in mind that it doesn’t cover normal wear and tear, damage due to misuse, not installing or using according to provided instructions, any second-hand owner, and most importantly, the commercial use ends this warranty.
Relaxonchair MK-II Plus – Conclusion
RELAXONCHAIR MK-II Plus simply offers you a complete package. It has great customer feedback and is also an Amazon’s Choice product, which means it qualifies in all areas.
It does have some downsides but not greater than its upsides. If you are after a massage-chair that doesn’t hit the wallet hard, yet comes with rich features, then it’s the MK-II Plus that you want.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the massage really good?
Massage can be intense for first-time users but you can control lower the intensity level to solve this problem. There is a complaint regarding foot rollers for being too tense.
How good will someone with 6’5″ height fit in?
You will fit in it without any problem but neck massage may not be that good.
Is it easy for me to get up and out of this chair?
Yes, it’s easy because it returns to upright position after the session ends.